Thursday 22 March 2012

Swatches

So I'm just working on my swatches at the minute and I'm using neutral colour materials because I still haven't decided on what colour story I'm going to use... eeek! 

With this swatch i got some bubble wrap to and painted random circles orange.. when that dried I did a simple weave with another piece of material to create this grid like shape.

I wanted to experiment with the idea of square patterns as that's the most dominant pattern in my primary research. So I pleated individual squares and attached them onto a piece of fabric using bonda-web.

With this swatch i simply drew a diamond shaped grid on the back of a piece of material. I did a circular stitch around every dot on the grid.. when I pulled the stitch it forced the material to gather which gave this diamond shape grid on the front of the material.

I did simple tucks on a piece of material and stitched perpendicular lines down these tucks. With every second rectangular tuck I did a simple stitch to gather the material to give this pattern,

-Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment