Saturday 24 March 2012

More Swatches....

more swatch experiments :)

SO with this swatch I just cut strips of wadding. I lined them up and did simple stitches in an organised pattern to create this diamond effect. 

This was one of my trickier swatches... with this one I tied knots in the rope to create this square pattern. Because the rope was white I painted it this burnt orange colour and then covered it in latex to hold it all in place. I then stitched a piece of material to the back of the rope.

For this swatch I cut thick strips of material and Put a wide straight stitch down the middle using the sowing machine. I then secured the stitch at one end and with the other I simply pulled one of the threads to make the fabric scrunched up.

This material is actually something i picked up from the pound shop. I like the grid pattern already marked on it because it fits in very well with my project. I simply painted some of the squared to create this pattern I found outside the college on a drain.

I got this material upstairs in stores... its actually rug mesh People use for the underneath of carpets and rugs. I spray painted the mesh with a burnt orange colour that is in one of my colour stories that I'm thinking of using. I then cut thin strips of fabric and weaved this pattern threw the holes and stitched the material at the back to secure it.

-Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment