Tuesday 27 March 2012

Colour and Mood Boards...

So I've decided on my colour and mood boards for my presentation on Friday and I have to say I'm very happy with them.


So this is my colour board... the image on the left is the image I took my colour story from :) The four colours in the middle of four colours I pulled from the images that were possible colour ideas for my swatches. But the  two colours on the right (the burnt orange and the beige) are my two final swatches i'm going to recreate my swatches in.

So this is my mood board. I wanted to give off the feel of ageing and things growing old. I tea stained paper and burnt around the edges to give my board an antique feeling. I put the picture of the old car on my mood board to show the idea of ageing as this car is covered in rust. I put the rusting grid on my mood board to illustrate some of my primary images and where the ideas of grids and antiquity link in together. 

I mounted my name and the title of my presentation onto a piece of Hessian as I used this material in many of my swatches and I feel it gives of the ageing mood I wanted to portray in all my boards. The name of my Presentation is called 'Antiquity. Even though it is just a one worded simple name I think its simplicity adds to the mood i want to give off from my boards.. I think anything too complicated would take away from my project.

-Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment