Monday 7 November 2011

Time

After lots of brainstorming i have decided that hands is a very specific theme. I've decided to look at time and the ageing of objects.. hands included. I plan on looking at how the size, texture, shape and mobility of objects change with time. At the minute I'm going to stay looking at the changing of hands and skin but i then plan on venturing out a bit and looking at different objects. I think time is a very interesting topic as no one really knows how to record time and I look forward to the challenge of trying to.

When i think of time changing the first film that pops into my head is 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' written by Eric Roth and directed by David Fincher.



I think this film closely relates to my project of time and many aspects of this film have inspired me. When people think of ageing they think of young skin getting old but seeing old skin getting younger, old bones getting younger.

It made me think a lot about when you're young, your bones aren't strong enough to be functional... and when your old your bones are too brittle to function. Its almost like your body goes back to a childish state when you've used it for so many years.

I'm all excited to look at the project from this point of view because its a lot more interesting has has a lot more room for creative ideas. Lets hope it all goes to plan :)

-Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment