Monday 12 December 2011

Shapes in Hands..

Today I decided to photocopy my hands in the library just to experiment with the results. I noticed that the light and dark shapes in the photocopies were significantly different.  outlined all the light shapes and started experimenting  with them.






The shapes that were created remind me of bones almost like a skeleton hand. These shapes were a very unexpected result but I like the individuality of each of them.









I incorporated the Mehindi hand art that I studied and use the shapes as an Indian hand art design.










As throughout this project I have experimented with different materials I decided to experiment with light. I cut out the shapes from a black piece of paper and shone light through it and reflected it on a white wall.

I think this exaggerates the shapes and helps me look at them in a different way.














-Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment